CURATED SUBSCRIPTION MODEL
Case study: Trunk Club
Trunk Club provides personalised clothing services based on customer preferences through stylist-curated trunks for both men and women. Stylists handpick various clothing items and accessories, and trunks are shipped directly to customers.
The service operates either on Trunk Club’s online platform or at one of its brick-and-mortar retail outlets.
Trunks are curated based on customer preferences
- Trunks are sent upon customer requests; they can be received on a monthly, quarterly or specific intervals based on customers’ specifications
- Customers create their style profile by answering questions of their size, style and budget. Customers are also able to share their preferred Pinterest boards
- Upon completion of their style profile, customers are scheduled for consultation with a stylist over the phone or via the Trunk Club app to better understand customer preferences
- Stylists to provide preview of recommended products via email for customers’ review
- Customers to include, adjust or replace additional orders prior to shipping
A pay-for-what-you-keep basis
- Customers only pay for what they choose to keep and must return items within 5 days
- A free return shipping label is provided and customers can arrange for a UPS pickup or drop their trunk off at any UPS store